The theme, “China: Through The Looking Glass” was the major inspiration for the 2015 Met Gala. For actress Rose Byrne, her hair stylist Harry Josh (John Frieda International Creative Consultant) found his inspiration for her full-bodied waves from the movie In The Mood For Love. “This red carpet is all about putting an individual spin on a common theme,” explained Harry. “The film focuses on fleeting youth, beauty and love, so we wanted the hair to look fresh, glamorous and romantic, taking inspiration from the storyline.”
Find out how he created this red carpet look:
1. Start by prepping the hair with John Frieda Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth Frizz Immunity Primer.
2. Apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Curl Reviver Mousse to the roots to lift the hair at the crown.
3. Using a hair dryer (he suggests Harry Josh Pro Tools Pro Dryer 2000), blow dry the hair with a round brush, concentrating on the roots for extra volume.
4. Part the hair, then grab 2-inch wide sections of the hair down the center and wrap in Velcro rollers. The remaining pieces can be curled piece by piece. After curls have set, brush out the hair for a voluminous wave.
5. Finish off with an all-over spritz of John Frieda Frizz Ease Keraflex Flexible Hold Hairspray.