Classic Hollywood stole the red carpet at the 72nd Golden Globes this year. Downton Abbey’s Laura Carmichael looked gorgeous; refined with a slight edge that her character, Edith, would never stand for. With a wavy up-do twist, Celebrity Hairstylist Blake Erik takes us step-by-step on how to look awards show-ready.
1. When hair is wet, spray loads of John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Waves Sea Salt Spray on hair working it through to create a natural look.
2. Dry hair using the Harry Josh Pro Tool Pro Dryer 2000 and Diffuser. To add more volume, flip the hair forward and dry.
3. Once hair is completely dry, use a brush to comb back hair and put it into a ponytail, securing with a small elastic.
4. Hold the hair in two sections and twirl each section around the other, creating a rope braid until you reach the end of the hair and secure with an elastic.
5. Wrap the rope braid around into a bun and secure with bobby pins.
6. Finish the look by spraying NEW John Frieda Frizz Ease Keraflex Hairspray all over. Brush back fly-aways with a makeup brush (just a little insider hair stylists trick!)